I am a fully qualified and registered Integrative Counsellor (Dip Con MBACP) with considerable experience working with diverse client groups, both adults and children. I offer adult one to one sessions at Leone Centre.
With a passion for the healing capacity of authentic connection and the power of self-awareness in fulfilment of human potential, I see my role as to help you use the safety of the therapeutic space as an active relationship for insight, healing, empowerment and growth.
I work holistically with the interrelated neurobiological, psychological and social needs of my clients with a focus on the underlying causes of the presenting issue including psychological, behavioural, social and psychosomatic dis ease.
My theoretical orientation is Integrative – I draw on and combine a range of theories and approaches to facilitate my work. These include Psychodynamic, Person Centred, Transpersonal and Attachment theories, Transactional Analysis and Gestalt Therapy.
I have a special interest in: Relationships and Loneliness, Addiction and Co-Dependency, Attachment and Early Trauma, Loss and Greif, Stress, Anxiety and Depression.
My background and training in the evolution and function of society and human development have given me a solid foundation to continue to explore and work with the complex interconnection between culture and society and human development. The rapid transformations in modern society, the digital revolution and its’ wider implications has influenced my clinical practice whereby I have a special interest working with young adults 18-30.
Training, certificates and qualifications:
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – Richmond Adult Community College
- BSocSc (hons) Degree in Sociology – University of Manchester
- Counselling Studies – Lambeth College
- Counselling Skills – Morley College
- Stabilization with Dissociative Clients
- From Heroin to Workaholism ‐ A Biopsychosocial Perspective
- Addiction, Trauma, & Adverse Childhood Experiences: The Neuroscience behind Developmental/Attachment Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Mindfulness, Healing and Transformation: The Pain and the Promise of Befriending the Full Catastrophe
- Attachment Theory
- Hidden Harm, Family Addiction
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their standards of ethical practice.
Share this page