With experience working as an integrative therapist, I am a fully trained a qualified Couple and Marriage Counsellor and I also Supervise other therapists in their work.
I have a wide knowledge and experience of working with many different people and their emotional landscapes. Often difficulties that may be now challenging you offer opportunities for positive change and self-development.
My working experience includes Mind, St Christopher’s Hospice and several London Local Authorities as well as private practice.
Qualifications & Training
- BA (Hons) Counselling –University of Greenwich
- Certificate and Diploma in Integrative Counselling Bromley College
- Certificate and Diploma in Couple Counselling Re-Vision College Queens Park London
- Diploma in Social Work Bromley College
- Certificate in Supervision Re-Vision Queens Park London
- I have specific training from St Christopher’s Hospice in Bereavement
- I worked as a drug and alcohol counsellor at Bromley Alcohol Advisory Services.
I am also a Registered Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I have specific interest and experience working with:
- Anger Management
- Anxiety disorders
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Childhood traumas
- Family issues
- Major life events
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Relationship / marital difficulties
- Self harm
At certain times life can be a bit overwhelming and by considering counselling you are taking the first steps to make some positive changes to improve your life.
You may have a specific issue that is troubling you and may not know which way to turn. Although friends and relatives are supportive you may not be able to confide in them. Your decision to commence counselling will provide you with a safe, relaxed, confidential and non-judgemental environment – you will be able to talk to me about anything.
My goal in counselling is to support you with your individual needs, enabling us to deal with the difficulties you are now facing. I shall work with you to enable you to explore your own resources in order to make some positive changes for yourself. As an Integrative Counsellor I can work with you to produce a unique therapy adapted to suit your individual needs. This can be either short or longer term counselling.
With Integrative Counselling I use the following three approaches:
- Psychodynamic Theory – this theory works by helping individuals to unravel their past through their perceptions of their experience and how this experience may influence you in the present day.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – this theory examines the ways in which thought, feelings and behaviour can impact you and how these can influence your actions. The work is to change current thinking or behaviour patterns.
- Humanistic Theory – this theory works by the building of a therapeutic relationship whereby you will be able to gain a sense of personal power, identifying how you want to conduct your life. I shall support you in these goals.
I very much enjoy learning so I regularly attend workshops, conferences and personal development training. I recently attended a course to study Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) and Matrix Re-Imprinting in Brighton.
My fees at LC: £75+vat – individual 50 mins session. £92+vat – couple 50 mins session
Share this page