I am a qualified Gestalt Counsellor and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I abide by the code of ethics which ensures that high standards of practice are maintained. I am also a general member of the College of Sexual Relationship Therapists (COSRT) as part of my training as a Psychosexual Therapist with Tavistock Relationships.
I have experience of working with adults within the NHS and charitable organisations. I have a background in Adult Social Work, due to my interest in social justice and equality. I have years of experience working with adults who have mental health concerns, learning disabilities, physical health difficulties and substance misuse. I offer Individual, Relationship and Couples Counselling to help overcome a range of difficulties. I have particular interest and experience with:
- relationship difficulties and conflict
- low mood and depression
- stress and anxiety
- eating disorders
- historic child sexual abuse
- bereavement and loss
- low self-esteem and confidence
- work related issues
- cultural identity
I offer a holistic approach where I will support you to draw upon your own resources to heal emotional wounds and create more helpful ways of relating with self and others.
My primary approach is Gestalt. This approach allows space to explore stuck feelings by enabling you to tolerate emotions that were previously unspoken, ignored or unknown. I aim to support increased awareness of fixed ways of thinking and feeling, by working at a pace that is right for you, without forcing change to happen.
Within Couples Counselling I also draw upon Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic ways of working to support an understanding of the relationship dynamic. This will involve some exploration of past and present family relationships to get a better understanding of patterns which have emerged and how this affects how you relate to one another.
Training and Qualifications
- Diploma in Gestalt Counselling - Gestalt Centre, London
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Diploma in Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders - National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Master of Arts Degree in Social Work - Goldsmiths, London
- Registered member of the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC), for Social Work
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy (in training) - Tavistock Relationships, London
- Registered general member of the College of Sexual Relationship Therapists (COSRT)