Couples / Family Therapist – Belgravia, SW1W London (In-Person)
Since 2009, Leone Centre has been helping individuals, couples, families and workplaces, enhancing their well-being and guiding them toward more enriched lifestyles. Our mission involves elevating the quality of therapeutic support within the private practice domain, and we associate ourselves with a team of therapists and professionals valued for their experience and dedication.
As a successful candidate, you will provide sessions for couples and families dealing with different relationship issues at our practice based in Belgravia, Chelsea and close to Victoria. We can guarantee a steady flow of clients, and our practice office and answering services will handle all referrals and inquiries, allowing you to focus on your clients and clinical work.
Learn more about the Leone Centre at https://www.leonecentre.com/
Fees: negotiable, depending on qualifications, experience and availability.
Hours: able to work days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Location: In person in Belgravia (or alternatively, our Wimbledon or Fulham locations).
Contract Type: Self-Employed.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following requirements:
- Possess Couples Counselling specific training/qualification or an MSc qualification in Systemic/Family Psychotherapy.
- Be a qualified member of UKCP / BACP (and also a member of AFT for Family Therapists).
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Experience in offering Couples Counselling and Family Therapy if applicable.
- Experience working with a wide range of clinical presenting issues of varying degrees.
- Capacity to formulate a vision for the therapeutic process and management of a client’s presenting issues.
- Motivation and commitment to our client group and ongoing development.
- Professional indemnity insurance, including worldwide cover for online sessions.
- Be highly responsive to emails, referrals, and booking notifications, adhering to Leone Centre policies and procedures.
- Be proficient in using/managing online scheduling systems (training provided).
Additionally, we are looking for a therapist having:
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A solid understanding of professional guidelines and codes of practice.
- Ongoing professional development (CPD).
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software installed on your computer equipment.
- A solid understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
- Sound knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
- Working with a valued organisation committed to providing excellent services.
- Monthly group supervision (depending on availability/commitment)
- Free Continuing Professional Development at Leone Centre.
- Leone Centre is helping to develop your associate profile.
- No payment for practice premises hire or bills for client cancellations or annual leave.
- Administrative services are provided for new referrals and client messages.
- Active involvement with the Leone Centre Team to make a difference.
- Participation in a friendly therapeutic practice.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following:
- Your CV.
- Proof of professional registration/membership.
- A supporting statement/cover letter (see below).
Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
In your supporting statement (max 1 A4 page), please include the following:
- What led you to become a therapist, and what is your experience as a couples therapist and your psychotherapeutic approach?
- Qualifications, professional memberships and hours of practice.
- Current availability, working hours preference, potential start date.
- Current clinical practice (if applicable) .
- Website and/or counselling directory profile (if applicable).
- We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.
- We will send you an email invitation if you reach the interview stage.
If you are currently employed or have plans to work concurrently with another organisation in a similar private practice, please refrain from applying. Our contract includes a non-competition provision designed to avoid conflicts of interest.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this post before the deadline if we receive many applicants.
Closing Date: 15.10.2023