Counselling for Depression
How do you know when counselling can help you with depression? Depression is a low mood that can last for some time, impacting your life, self-esteem, joy, and sense of pleasure and fulfilment. When you are depressed everything feels hopeless. During these challenging times, the demand for counselling for depression in London, UK and online is very high.
Depression is more common than most people know; according to Mind, the leading mental health research charity, it affects 1 in 4 people in the UK.
We all encounter struggles and times of conflict throughout our lives. Still, depression can profoundly affect our ability to focus, feel motivated and carry out simple daily tasks.
How Can Depression Counselling Help?
At the Leone Centre, we offer an integrative and relational approach. Our therapists use different counselling and CBT approaches, including EFT and Matrix Re-Imprinting techniques. Our integrative diverse approach offers effective ways to develop strategies for dealing with the challenges of living with depression and managing its impact on your life.
What Is Depression?
Recognising the symptoms and knowing what you can do with some help with depression is valuable when trying to understand and overcome the challenges and effects on your everyday life.
Often the manifestations are physical as well as emotional and behavioural.
- Avoiding social engagement and seeking solitude
- No longer enjoying things the same as you once did, including hobbies and sports.
- Increased substance abuse or substance dependency
- Conflict with loved ones
- Self-Harming behaviours, including excessive alcohol and/or drug use
Physical Symptoms of Depression
- Changes in appetite
- Irritability and reactivity
- Loss of libido and unexplained fluctuations in menstrual cycles
- Loss of energy, extreme lethargy
Mental and Emotional Signs of Depression
- Extremely anxious
- Self-deprecating, suicidal and physically harmful thoughts
- Increased irritability
- Feelings of guilt (sometimes without any known cause)
- Feelings of hopelessness
Types Of Depression
It is key to recognise that there are different depression types and symptoms. Some individuals develop patterns of depressive feelings.
These can result from environmental change, such as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), which means your mood can fluctuate with shifting seasons.
Alternatively, it can result from changes that directly impact your life, for example, the loss of or separation from a loved one. Recent studies also show that too much time spent on social media, or excessive use of cannabis, can also be linked to depressive symptoms. Our counselling services can help you understand these dependencies and how they might impact your mental health.
As a comprehensive counselling service, the Leone Centre can provide counselling for depression and specific bereavement and grief counselling. If you are experiencing any of the depressive symptoms described on this page and looking for help and support, do not hesitate to contact our team at the Leone Centre.
Benefits of Counselling for Depression
At Leone Centre, we offer therapy and counselling services that have helped many people understand, work with and overcome the challenging impact of depression. Your therapist and counsellor will help and support you with depression by:
- Understanding the root causes and your symptoms
- Learning how to stop the negative automatic thoughts that hinder your fulfilment and progress in life
- Working on depression with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) so that you can better manage your depressive symptoms
- Develop tools and strategies that will prevent you to get overwhelmed
- Learning about and getting in touch with your potential and what it takes to enjoy a more fulfilling and joyful life better