About Lynn Buckley
Author and podcaster, I am a well-known Sexual and Relationship Therapist, COSRT accredited & UKCP registered psychotherapist, specialising in psychosexual therapy and relationship therapy.
My past experience includes 37 years of working in the NHS as an advanced specialist cancer nurse. I have extensively published and am an experienced speaker/educator, contributing on a national and international level to guide practice within my specialist fields of cancer and sexual issues.
I now combine my nursing and psychosexual therapy expertise working with individuals and couples with all aspects of sexual difficulties including issues with menopause, gender, sexuality, out of control sexual behaviour, trauma recovery and sexual rehabilitation following disease, in particular cancer.
I am a trauma informed therapist working with trauma response, PTSD and complex-PTSD as a result of single, repeated and multiple traumatic events using somatic / embodied therapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Flash Technique and mindfulness.
My psychosexual therapy uses a bio-psychosocial approach, drawing on CBT, biomedical management, psychoeducation, attachment theory, and systemic couple therapy.
I provide an integrative approach to therapy, this includes psychological, physiological, sociological and relational frameworks, always adopting a GSRD/LGBTQA+ affirmative approach.
Lynn can help with;
- Psychosexual education
- Erection difficulties (erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation),
- Arousal, desire and orgasm difficulties,
- Dyspareunia (painful sex) and vaginismus.
- Sexual rehabilitation following disease especially cancer.
- Out of control sexual behaviour, compulsive sexual behaviour (pornography & sex ‘addiction’)
- Sexual interest and/or desire;
- Sexual phobias or aversions.
- Fear around lack of experience.
- Sexual problems as a result of illness – sexual rehabilitation.
- Sexual identity issues including gender, sexual orientation, LGBTQ+ sensitive, gender dysphoria. GSRD (Gender, sexuality and relationship diversity) therapy.
- Sexual difficulties due to trauma, especially sexual trauma (sexual assault or abuse).
- Trauma recovery from PTSD & C-PTSD as a result of single or complex trauma, adult survivors of childhood trauma.
- Empowerment addressing negative self-belief & image, unhelpful core beliefs, inner critic, etc.
- College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
- EMDR Association (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN).
- British Gynae Cancer Society (BGCS) subgroup – Specialist Nurse Member.
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology (ESGO)
- Expert Reference Group – NHS England Embedding Genomics into Nursing & Midwifery Practice
- Expert/Advisory Panel Member for Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust, Target Ovarian, Macmillan & Eve Appeal.
Share this page