Counselling For Depression
Would you like to overcome depression?
Depression is more common than most people are aware of, according to Mind, the leading mental health research charity, it affects 1 in 4 people in the UK.
We all encounter struggles and times of conflict throughout our lives but depression can have such a profound impact affecting our ability to focus, feel motivated and carry out simple daily tasks.
How can counselling help with depression?
At the Leone Centre, we offer an integrative and relational approach to our counselling for depression services. Our counselling therapists use different approaches, including EFT, Matrix Re-Imprinting and CBT for depression. These are effective ways to develop strategies for dealing with the challenges of living with depression and to manage it’s impact on your life.
What Is Depression?
Recognising the symptoms of depression is helpful when trying to understand and overcome the challenges and effect on your everyday life. Often, manifestations of depression are physical as well as emotional and can be misunderstood.
Most of what people experience when suffering from depression, include:
- Avoiding social engagement and seeking solitude
- No longer enjoying things the same as you once did, including hobbies and sports
- Increased substance abuse or substance dependency
- Conflict with loved ones
- Self-Harming behaviours including excessive alcohol and/or drug use
- Changes in appetite
- Irritability and reactivity
- Loss of libido and unexplained fluctuations in menstrual cycles
- Loss of energy, extreme lethargy
Mental and Emotional Signs
- Extremely anxious
- Self-deprecating, suicidal and physically harmful thoughts
- Increased irritability
- Feelings of guilt (sometimes without any known cause)
- Feelings of hopelessness
Types Of Depression
It is key to recognise that there are different types of depression as well as different symptoms. Some individuals develop patterns of depressive feelings. These can be as a result of environmental change, such as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), which means your mood can fluctuate with shifting seasons. Alternatively, it can be a result of changes that directly impact your life, for example the loss of or separation from a loved one. Recent studies are also showing that too much time spent on social media, or excessive use of cannabis, can also be linked to depressive symptoms. Our counselling services can help you understand these dependencies and how they might be impacting your mental health.
As a comprehensive counselling service, the Leone Centre can provide counselling for depression as well as specific bereavement and grief counselling. If you are experiencing any of the depressive symptoms described in this page and look for help and support, do not hesitate to get in touch with Our team at the Leone Centre
The Benefits of Counselling and Psychotherapy for Depression
At Leone Centre, we offer counselling and psychotherapy services that have so far helped many people understand, work with and overcome their symptoms of depression.
Your therapist and counsellor will help and support you with:
• Understanding the root causes and your symptoms of depression
• Learning how to stop of the negative automatic thoughts that hinder your fulfilment and progress in life
• Working on depression with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) so that you can better manage your depressive symptoms
• Developing tools and strategies that will prevent you to get overwhelmed with the symptoms of depression in the future
• Learning about and getting in touch with your potential and what it takes to better enjoy a more fulfilling and joyful life
Depression Help London
There is no universal framework for dealing with depression, at the Leone Centre we will discuss the best route forwards for you. Counsellors at the Leone Centre are available for appointments every day of the week.
For counselling for depression in London or for an initial consultation, contact us here.