Table of Contents
- 1 Help with depression: counselling and psychotherapy at Leone Centre
- 2 What Is Depression?
- 3 Types Of Depression
- 4 Depression Help in London and Online
Help with depression: counselling and psychotherapy at Leone Centre
How do you know when counselling can help you with depression? Depression is a low mood that can last for a period of time and impacts your life, your self esteem your joy and sense of pleasure and fulfilment in life. When you are depressed everything feels hopeless. During these challenging times the demand for counselling for depression in London, UK and online is very high.
Depression is more common than most people are aware of, according to Mind, the leading mental health research charity, it affects 1 in 4 people in the UK.
We all encounter struggles and times of conflict throughout our lives but depression can have such a profound impact affecting our ability to focus, feel motivated and carry out simple daily tasks.
How can counselling help?
At the Leone Centre, we offer an integrative and relational approach. Our therapists use different counselling and CBT approaches which might also include EFT and Matrix Re-Imprinting techniques. Our integrative diverse approach offers effective ways to develop strategies for dealing with the challenges of living with depression and to manage its impact on your life.
What Is Depression?
Recognising the symptoms and knowing when you can do with a bit of help with depression is valuable when trying to understand and overcome the challenges and effect on your everyday life.
Often the manifestations are physical as well as emotional and behavioural.
- Avoiding social engagement and seeking solitude
- No longer enjoying things the same as you once did, including hobbies and sports
- Increased substance abuse or substance dependency
- Conflict with loved ones
- Self-Harming behaviours including excessive alcohol and/or drug use
Physical Symptoms of Depression
- Changes in appetite
- Irritability and reactivity
- Loss of libido and unexplained fluctuations in menstrual cycles
- Loss of energy, extreme lethargy
Mental and Emotional Signs of Depression
- Extremely anxious
- Self-deprecating, suicidal and physically harmful thoughts
- Increased irritability
- Feelings of guilt (sometimes without any known cause)
- Feelings of hopelessness
Types Of Depression
It is key to recognise that there are different types of depression as well as different symptoms. Some individuals develop patterns of depressive feelings.
These can be as a result of environmental change, such as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), which means your mood can fluctuate with shifting seasons.
Alternatively, it can be a result of changes that directly impact your life, for example the loss of or separation from a loved one. Recent studies are also showing that too much time spent on social media, or excessive use of cannabis, can also be linked to depressive symptoms. Our counselling services can help you understand these dependencies and how they might be impacting your mental health.
As a comprehensive counselling service, the Leone Centre can provide counselling for depression as well as specific bereavement and grief counselling. If you are experiencing any of the depressive symptoms described in this page and look for help and support, do not hesitate to get in touch with Our team at the Leone Centre
The Benefits of Counselling and Psychotherapy for Depression
At Leone Centre, we offer help with depression through our counselling and psychotherapy services that have so far helped many people understand, work with and overcome the challenging impact of depression.
Your therapist and counsellor will help and support you with depression by:
• Understanding the root causes and your symptoms
• Learning how to stop of the negative automatic thoughts that hinder your fulfilment and progress in life
• Working on depression with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) so that you can better manage your depressive symptoms
• Developing tools and strategies that will prevent you to get overwhelmed
• Learning about and getting in touch with your potential and what it takes to better enjoy a more fulfilling and joyful life
Depression Help in London and Online
There is no universal framework for dealing with depression. At the Leone Centre we will discuss the best route forwards for you.
Initial assessments and ongoing sessions take place at our Putney Bridge studios, London. We are right next to Putney Bridge underground station, easily accessible from South West and Central London including Chelsea, Wimbledon, Battersea, Victoria and Fulham.
Counselling for Depression is also available online which means no matter where you are, our experienced therapists can support you with your depression.
Our Associate Counsellors and Psychotherapists, offering counselling and couple therapy in London and online are members of the BACP – British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and UKCP – United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. Counsellors at the Leone Centre are available for appointments every day of the week.
Click here for booking an appointment directly.