We have a unique opportunity for exceptional, motivated and committed psychosexual counsellor/psychotherapist to be an integral part of our team.
Contract: Self-employed basis
Hours: Flexible – able to work days and/or evenings and/or weekends
Location: In person in South-West London and Online
Leone Centre is well-established London-based therapy and consultancy provider with a strong reputation for high-quality service provision offering a variety of services ranging from Individual Counselling & Psychotherapy to Family, Couple Counselling, Marriage Counselling, and Corporate Services.
Leone Centre associate therapists and consultants are all thoughtfully chosen for their experience and passion.
To get a feel for who we are, visit our website ( www.leonecentre.com )
As a Leone Centre Associate Psychosexual Counsellor/Psychotherapist, you will offer sessional, in-person and online counselling to couples and individuals with a broad range of relational issues and/or psychosexual issues.
Dependent upon your offered availability you would also be provided with free Supervision and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
You will have a space to practice, (which includes all fixed costs,) with an assured flow of clients and be supported by a friendly team.
Our office and answering services will take care of enquiries and referrals so that you can focus on your clients and clinical work.
We require from you an outstanding level of motivation and commitment to our client group, alongside your ongoing development.
You will have a high degree of responsiveness to e-mails, referrals, and booking notifications, in line with Leone Centre policies and procedures. You will be proficient in using online scheduling systems, for which training will be provided.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be registered with the BACP or UKCP and be registered with COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists) and work within their code of ethics.
- Hold a core counselling / psychotherapy qualification.
- Have attended and completed a Psychosexual Counselling Diploma (or equivalent)/MSc Training Programme
- Have substantial Psychosexual Therapy experience and a robust knowledge of Sexual Health issues.
- Hold detailed knowledge of a variety of therapeutic approaches and theories
- Excellent communication skills.
- A confident, positive and empathetic approach.
- Be experienced in offering Couples Therapy alongside Individual Therapy.
- Have had experience working with people of all ages, sexualities, ethnicities, demographics, etc.
- Experience in working with a wide range of clinical presenting issues of varying degrees.
- Ability to formulate a vision for the therapeutic process and management of a client’s presenting issues.
- Are actively committed to your continual professional development.
- Have your own professional indemnity insurance that includes worldwide cover.
- Have a good capacity to manage calendar/mail/scheduling systems.
Additionally, you will also have:
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A good understanding of professional guidelines and codes of practice.
- Up to date ongoing continuing professional development (CPD).
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware installed on your computer equipment.
- Reliable internet connection.
- Mobile phone.
- A good understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
- Sound knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
Working with an established organisation, committed to providing excellent services with a solid reputation.
- Monthly supervision (depending on levels of availability/commitment).
- Leone Centre raising your associate profile.
- You do not pay for practice premises hire and are not left with a bill to pay if clients DNA or if you are on annual leave.
- Our administrational service will ensure that new referrals can be booked and existing clients are able to leave a message.
- Free Continuing Professional Development at Leone Centre.
- Actively involved with the Leone Centre Team to help make a difference.
- Be part of a friendly therapeutic network.
If you would like to discuss the role further prior to applying, please feel free to contact us.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your application to email@example.com including the following:
- Your CV.
- Proof of professional registration/membership for both the BACP/UKCP and COSRT.
- A supporting statement (see the below).
In your supporting statement (max 1 A4 page) please include:
- What brought you to be a Psychosexual Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Your experience in working with Individuals and Couples.
- Your psychotherapeutic approach.
- Qualifications & professional memberships.
- Hours of practice.
- Preference for working face-to-face or online or a combination of the two.
- Current availability to work in person and online / working hours preference / potential start date.
- Current clinical practice (if applicable).
- Website and/or counselling directory profile (if applicable).
If you are successful in reaching the interview stage we will send you an email invitation, along with further information about the Leone Centre and details about the working relationship between a therapist and the Centre.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this post before the deadline if we receive a high number of applicants and if you do not hear from us, please assume that you have been unsuccessful with your application this time.