- Individual Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Author, Parent Coach, Trainer
- Supervisor to Therapists
- NLP, CBT, Body Psychotherapy, Mindfulness
- Movement Psychotherapy and Gestalt Work
Everyone can benefit from counselling as each one of us experiences challenges at one point or another.
As it is true that people often start counselling in a moment of crisis, it is also true that the potential benefits gained from counselling and psychotherapy are not just for people in life transition or crisis, but also for someone who is looking at their own self realisation and development.
Starting counselling is not just an investment to deal with trouble. Therapy and coaching is very much something that wise, talented and professional people do.
“The key to our transformation is simply this: the better we know ourselves the better equipped we will be to make our choices wisely.” Gregg Braden
An Expansive View of Life
Challenges often can carry an opportunity to enrich life experience and understanding. We provide a relaxed and secure space where you can shift your level of awareness and understanding to take a more expansive view of life.
“There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in” - Leonard Cohen
Issues We Work With
Issues we work with include, but are not limited to:
- Relationship problems
- Anxiety, stress, depression
- Confidence and self esteem issues
- Challenges in being a parent/son/sibling/partner
- Loneliness (even in the presense of others)
- Eating disorders
We are personable and approachable. We maintain transparency and do not believe in professional pretence. Our focus is on working together and facilitating transformation.
The most important agent for change is the relationship between client and therapist; this remains paramount throughout our work.
We believe that:
- Clients themselves are the best experts of their own life, motivation and choices. Our expertise lies in the work.
- Sustainable and positive change is usually subtle and happens over time.
- The healthiest people are the ones who connect to support.
- Pathologising the human condition is not a place we work with.
- We maintain transparency: there is no magic pill, there is no silver bullet.
We welcome, value and have worked with people from all backgrounds and experiences, and have the upmost regard towards every individual’s identity, gender, sexuality, religion, disability, culture, ethnicity and age.
At times we work with people in crisis or people whose lives seem to be going pretty well on the outside – but privately, they're struggling. At times the source of the hurt is clearly known, other times it’s waiting to be discovered. Either way, something needs to be addressed in order to fully thrive.
We also work with clients who are already feeling content and balanced enough and are set on keeping it that way through regular and honest reflection.